Sonntag, 3. September 2017

New late 15th century Arquebusiers from Frank Ziegler

Frank wanted to expand his range of the Gewalthaufen and so today he sent photos of his latest masters. As several sets of late 15th century hit the market in the last year I am happy to have some Burgundian enemies for them. Also they are useful for the war of the Roses.


Here the text from Frank:

The Gewalthaufen gets its fire support with twelve arquebusiers. They are moving rather freely with their handguns, everyone is busy with loading and aiming.
There's no reglement with Handguns in this age, the 15th cent. We can assume that they were in combat like Tiailleurs or they fought from a stronghold position.

I sculpted their gear as a little bag and a gun powder vessel, hanging with straps over the shoulder.
Analogical to their comrades of the pikeblock I did the jacket over the armour. My suggestion is, that the jacket could be seen as a livreè jacket in an uniform pattern, like the unified standard with the logistics of the handguns, with consistent measurements, they must have had.

For their protection they wear sallets and warhats with breastplates and chainmails. At their side they have a long knife or a kind of swiss epee.

These troopers could be a company of a rather big german, swiss, or burgundian/flemish city state/polity, or the entourage of a big wealthy noble, which was able to provide not only badges, hooded collars, caps, or the colour for helmets, but stylish jackets.









Here a find from Pinterest - I think from an article in the Military Illustrated magazine. And I like the photo of the Reenactor:-)



5 Kommentare:

  1. OOHH!!! VERY NICE!!!! Metal or resin...and how much???

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Paul,

      I am glad you like them!

      they will be metal, 12 different figures. Price around 14 Euro for the whole set.

      cheers
      uwe

      Löschen
    2. Sounds ok to me. Tell me when they are up for sale at Hagen Minis (I have looked but not there yet)

      Löschen
  2. This Blog as been on my favourites for a long time. Some absolutely wonderful sculpts.
    I have recently downsized my figure making to 22mm, but I realise I have a long way to go to meet the standards set by the figures on this Blog.
    Thank you for sharing.
    John Ray
    A Military Gentleman Blog

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi John,

      I am glad to hear this. I saw the SYW Russians on your blog and think they are great figures. Maybe you can send me a mail under wild-heindl@t-online.de and we can discuss helping each other?

      cheers
      uwe

      Löschen