Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012

Battle of Leuthen

With all these upcomming SYW figures from HAT, Kamar, Frededricus Rex  and Germania figures I thought it time to go deeper into the subject. As a German I have a huge ammount of sources in written books, hundreds of them available at google books.

As a Bavarian I have the chance to visit the Bavarian army museum in Ingolstadt regulary. Here is the 17.000 figure diorama of Leuthen on display. Ok, flats, but great!







Just in case you like it, I have much more photos of this great diorama.

One of the details of the battle is the storming of the Churchyard defended bei the Imperial regiment "Rot Würzburg" against the Prussian guards.



And because this is a blog about 1/72 figures I have to offer two photos from Ingo - the Church at Leuthen.
Well, Ingo is a master of art in my eyes!!


5 Kommentare:

  1. That's a very impressive diorama!

    How far is this museum from Berchtesgaden, please? If it isn't to far I might consider to visit it this summer.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Peter,

    I would say around 1 1/2 hours drive.

    cheers
    Uwe

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks Uwe! Now see if I can get an agreement with the missus. :-D

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Good Lord that's an astonishing piece of work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hey Peter, just in case you need a companion on the tour contact me before your boss gives you some hours off.

    cheers
    uwe

    AntwortenLöschen